Wednesday, May 20, 2015

first not-so-good impression

"Sombong"
"Berlagak"
"Muka minta penampar"
"Tak reti senyum"

These are several statement that people made of me.
These are people's first impression when they see me.
These are what I get, mostly.

It takes maybe three seconds for people to evaluate you and for that person to make an opinion about you based on your facial expressions, body language, mannerisms, demeanor and how you are dressed.

So what's with this first impression?
What happened to "never judge a book by its cover"?
Yes, I don't smile 24/7.
When I don't, my face would looked like as if I'm going to burst into tears. (I kid you not)
Maybe because the shape of my mouth.
Why don't people talk to me first and then evaluate?

So I told my mom about what people say about me when they don't even know me.
And to my great surprise, my mom said she gets that too.
Ahha! Like mother like daughter.
I feel hmm.... relieved that my mother feels me too.

And after some ice breaking session,
after hello, dah makan? and bye,
this is what I get:

"Kau ni gila kan sebenarnya"

Yup.

That I'm friendly,
that I'm talkative,
that I'm "crazy",
so on and so forth.

In my opinion, I think one should not evaluate, assume or come to a conclusion about people before one knows them.
I have to say that I did that.
But I want to change.
I don't want to say anything about other people before I know them.
Let's try your very best not to do that ok Anis?
Why don't we all try to avoid it...
I think we can.
I believe so.


 

Look at that.
Sweet, innocent face.
Ada ke korang cakap tu muka-minta-penampar.
PPPFFFTTT....


Till then,
NC

No comments:

Post a Comment